European Energy GeoHackathon
11 Oct 2021, from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Four SPE Sections across Europe, namely: SPE London Section, SPE Italian Section, SPE Romanian Section and SPE Netherlands Section have joined forces to organize the first ever SPE Europe Energy GEOHackathon aimed at educating and disseminating knowledge to all the participants on how Data Science applications can support Geothermal Energy Developments and drive the Energy Transition.
Why join the SPE Europe EnergyGeoHackathon?
- An interesting geothermal industry dataset
2. A datathon to work together in a group and test your knowledge hands on
3. Data science bootcamps to elevate your skillset in data analytics and application
4. Opportunities to expand your geoscience knowledge and exchange experience with industry peersEnergy Geohackathon – The format:
4 WEEKS BOOTCAMPS (October 11th – November 11th 2021): multiple sessions meant to educate and teach participants on data science skills and their application in the real world, solving real challenges. Among the bootcamps are: basics of geothermal energy, introduction to python, introduction R, introduction to machine learning, feature engineering and data modelling and many more.
4 WEEKS HACKATHON (November 11th – December 11th 2021): Subsurface and surface facilities aspects of a geothermal site will be covered in this hackathon. The participants will get access to the subsurface data, a high-fidelity reservoir simulator model (to generate a realistic reservoir response), surface facilities data and an economical assessment calculator. You will couple the subsurface model with the surface facilities and distribution network and analyze the energy and economic performance of the combined design plan.
To register and participate, please visit:
– Register through Eventbrite for a nominal fee
– Also view our video on YouTube
– Follow the LinkedIN group for future updates
SPE Europe EnergyGeoHackathon LinkedIN Group
SPE Romanian Section team